Saturday, August 15, 2009

Lazy Saturday

After way too long here, I finally went on a much more thorough exploration of my hood today and made some good discoveries. I found an awesome fruit and vegetable supermarket, a gym (that ripped off the Boston Sports Club logo), a tailor, a good hardware store, an electronics store, a mediocre ceviche restaurant, and a glass cutting/framing shop. (I need that last one to replace the glass in ALL of the large frames I sent since they got broken in transit). I felt extremely productive.

I've been thinking about how time works so differently and inconsistently here. On the one hand, I dropped off three pairs of pants to be altered this a.m., and they will be ready on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday -- the Feast of the Assumption). Similarly, I called my cable company about my messed up TV, and they sent a guy out today. On the other hand, I have been trying for three weeks to get the password on my phone reset, so I can use the voicemail. Oh well, what are you going to do? This is also the place where, as I found out today when I scheduled one for a friend, walking tours of the historic center may be cancelled for heavy rain or demonstrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment