Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day off?

Today was the one day I had off this weekend, and I spent most of it working on stuff for school. I am reminded every five minutes of my friend Sarah B.'s reassurance when I took this job and was worried about having bitten off more than I can chew. She asked me, "Wouldn't you rather be challenged than not?" She had a point, and wow, am I being challenged. I still cannot believe that I am the chair of the social studies department. I have been working so hard with my boss Luisa to get a handle on that. I was at it all day today and am so nervous about meeting all 14 other people in the department tomorrow. Yikes! Then there's the whole teaching a course I've never taught before. . .

Besides working my butt off for school today, I tried to cook on my nightmare "stove." It was, well, a nightmare. The thing is a poorly functioning hot plate, and it took hours to make a dish that should have taken one, tops. It was actually really good, but this does not bode well.

OK, trying to get back on a school schedule is hard. The bus (!!!) comes at about 6:30 tomorrow a.m. The earplugs are definitely coming out tonight -- and soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment