Sunday, August 9, 2009

Big night out, big day tomorrow

Last night I went with a bunch of my co-workers to a Bogotá institution that can best be described as a steakhouse/carnival/dance club. That is to say, this place is almost impossible to describe. It is beyond packed. The wait staff wear cowboy-inspired (I think) leather aprons. Straw hats and sashes get passed around. You can get your picture taken with two guys who carry around a mannequin leg with a garter on it, and they hold it up in the air/over a guy's shoulder to make it look like it's your leg and that you are in a very compromising position. My mojito came in a hollowed out gourd. They play great Latin music and cheesy American and British 80s and 90s pop. Needless to say, it was a great time, and I promise any visitor that we will go there.

Today on the other hand has been hours of poring over the year-, semester-, and week-long lesson/ course plans of everyone in my department. Now, as I try not to go completely mental stressing about my first day at school with the kids tomorrow, I will do my homework on Indian Ocean trade routes starting circa 500 C.E. It's going to be a long afternoon and evening, and the bus comes at 6:20 tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment