Monday, August 3, 2009

Anxiety hurdle #2

I made it over today, though I was all nerves about meeting the people in my department. They seemed great, and a few of them helped me unpack and settle into my new office (which is a nice space, by the way). Tomorrow I will get to meet the woman who I will be planning with since we are teaching the same courses. Tomorrow is also anxiety hurdle #3: running my first department meeting. I really need to have one of those never-let-them-see-you-sweat moments. After that, it's just garden variety stress until next Monday when the kids come, and I actually have to start teaching.

On the bright side, my boss is on the case about figuring out how to do SOMEthing about my terrible kitchen. And on a decidedly shallow note, I got the number today for a lady who comes to your house to do manicures and waxing for next to nothing. There is definitely something to be said for the bougie expatriate life.

No comments:

Post a Comment