Friday, December 18, 2009

Amazon dispatch

Just a brief update from the sweltering Amazon.

This trip has been as fun and random and restful and restorative as I had hoped. Moira, Evan, and I have been to Brazil for dinner, gone dancing with two Colombian policemen (?!), and eaten meat on a stick -- and that was all on our first night. On day two we got poured on (big shocker in the rainforest) while kayaking on a tiny Amazon tributary.

We are just back from the jungle and as stinky as you would expect. But we had two incredible, loooong, sweaty jungle hikes in our stylin' new rubber boots and are headed tonight to stay in an indigenous village outside of Leticia. I expect that for dinner we will have fish and fried plantains (patacones), which I have eaten twice a day, everyday since I got here. I am about to turn into a patacon. Tomorrow we are determined to have ceviche for lunch -- in Peru.

There is so much more to tell, but it will have to wait til I get back to Bogotà with a better connection and a less crappy keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment